Our batteries are different.
- 48V nominal modular blocks for low voltage and high voltage configurations
- Easy to connect using industry-standard connectors
- Maintenance-free, completely sealed
- Compatible with all leading Power Conversion Systems
- Batteries ship as non-hazardous goods
- Wide temperature operating range (from -5 to 40°C) without need for HVAC
- Can withstand partial state of charge cycling without impacting battery life
- Long lasting in real use conditions, 3,000 cycles
- Deep cycling – 100% depth of discharge capable without impacting battery life
- Self-balancing, no equalizing charge needed
Peace of Mind
- Non-flammable and non-explosive, no fire suppression needed
- Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Bronze
- 8 Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
Clean energy initiatives need clean battery technology.
It’s counterintuitive to invest in solar energy generation, and then install dirty batteries for your solar energy storage system. Clean energy should be stored in clean batteries. Our batteries are the first and only in the world to be Cradle to Cradle Certified™, an esteemed quality mark for products made from sustainable materials and manufacturing processes. Why wouldn’t you choose the cleanest and safest option?
A battery fire is not your average fire.
(So it’s a good thing that Aspen batteries are not your average batteries.) Safety is serious business when installing large-scale battery systems. You’ve seen the news reports on battery fires. The chemicals in most battery technologies result in dramatic energetic release that is difficult to contain and extinguish, and hazardous toxins are released into the air.
Aquion’s Aqueous Hybrid Ion (AHI™) chemistry is inherently safe and is not capable of energetic thermal runaway. Our batteries have passed UL 1973 flame propagation testing. In addition, our batteries contain no hazardous, toxic, or noxious materials. They don’t corrode or leak chemicals making them safe and worry-free to place in homes and businesses. That’s why what’s inside matters. Watch us light them on fire:
While they are never done intentionally, battery punctures are another serious safety consideration when choosing energy storage. In some cases, a puncture can cause explosions. Manufacturers test for this with a “nail penetration test.” Below is what happened when we conducted a nail penetration test on an energized Aquion battery– though we took it up a notch and used a drill. Watch to see what happens, or see a side-by-side comparison with a standard lithium-ion test.
Markets & Applications
Aquion’s Aspen batteries are optimized for long duration daily deep cycling. This means 4 to 20+ hour charge and discharge profiles. Aspen batteries enable customers to lower their energy costs and maximize the use of renewables. Applications include self-consumption, backup power, peak shaving, demand response, and off-setting diesel generator use. We install systems from kWhs to MWhs for a wide range of markets including: